Qohel Home Page

Click photo to go to Peter's profile

Quality Web Hosting at the Best Price

www.1and1.com

I have written a couple of times about the JBC stock trading – stock market – share price prediction scam.

Nearly two years later, and after many complaints to regulatory authorities, they still seem to be in business.

JBC Global, CFS Live, and anything associated with them, are an outright fraud.

Some of the names given by its ‘senior analysts’ (telephone con agents) are: Paul Harvey, Chris Wallace, Mike Boyd, Bruce Jones, Scott Brennan, David Moore, Adrian Mathews, Gareth Hughes, Philip Duiker, Chris Davis, Danny Cook.

It is likely that these names are invented, as is the ‘senior analyst’ title.

JBC’s website is still active, but is now pretending to be wider than merely stock trading software. It claims to be a comprehensive business development group, offering software development, employment services, and project management. No matter where you enter your details on this site, you will receive a phone call offering to send you a brochure outlining JBC’s services.

This will be an impressive looking, professionally designed and printed brochure intended, like their website, to give an impression of wealth and stability. You will then receive a follow up phone call, offering you one of a very limited number of licenses. If you express doubts, you may be directed to scam websites which appear to review other, legitimate home business or investment packages, and which give glowing reviews, or even awards, to JBC’s program.

All of this is true of CFS cfs-live.com (I am not giving them a link). The same professional website, the same professional looking brochure, the same skanky con-men on the phone.

I suspect that cfs-live is simply a re-badged version of the JBC share price / stock prediction / share trading scam.

There are plenty of these swindlers around. The PCA (position cost averaging) system is another one, complete with its own fake independent review site at stocktradingeguide.com.

JBC and CFS are the stock trading scams which seem to be most active in Australia.

I am not sure why regulators and police seem unwilling or unable to do anything about these thieves. But as long as they continue to operate, ordinary Asutralians are losing their savings.

I intend to get in touch with A Current Affair or Today Tonight and suggest they do a story on JBC and CFS.

If you have been contacted by these groups, and would be willing to share your story, please add a comment using your correct email address (not visible to the public), or contact me – see my profile page for my email address.

Update:

CFS is definitely still active in Australia. I have received emails from a gentleman who spent $8900 in January to buy their programme. For $8900 he got a disk and a booklet, and a folder to put them in.

From his descriptions, the CFS package is identical to the JBC programme.

The software gives a points value to different stocks.  You are supposed to look at the points value and decide what to buy and sell.

The points value appears to be based on sudden movement of stocks up and down. For example if a stock has been stable for a long time and then suddenly drops, it will get a high points value – that is, a buy recommendation – on the basis that it is likely to come back up again just as quickly.

These are frequently very bad recommendations.

The recommendations are bad because the programme has no idea what is going on the real world. A stock that suddenly decreases in value usually does so for a good reason.

Stefan left this comment at one of the earlier JBC / CFS posts:

I’ve been contacted by a chris of cfs. He was trying to sell cfs end of day trading software. he gave me the websites gfmo.org homebusinessprofessionals.biz which have reviews of their software but the net has no links to these sites or to cfs which means they are all probably a bit dubious. His phone number was 1300 441 355.

GFMO and homebusinessprofessionals are  fake ‘independent’ websites, set up by JBC/CFS to reassure prospective buyers.

Referring prospects to fake sites to give an appearance of legitimacy makes it clear that the JBC or CFS packages are not  products offered in good faith.

Don’t fall for these scams!

394 Responses to “JBC Global, CFS Live, ESL Trader Stock – Share Trading Scams”

• Steve says:

I too have been scammed by CFS-live. I paid the $8900.00 in November 2010. I wasn’t going to purchase the software but then they offered the 100% money back guarantee. If I traded for 13 months without making at least the purchase price I would be fully refunded. Of course after the thirteen months I can no longer contact them.

CFS-live representatives John Moore and Gail Taylor guided me through the program. They also set up the data account with http://www.welikedata.com(which also no longer exists). They set up a CHESS sponsor and bank account for me to trade. I was assured that no one had ever failed with this programme. That is why they were so confident with the 13 month guarantee.

Does anyone know of Michael G. Howard who is on the third page of the CFS-Live brochure who gives it 5 stars endorsing the product or Christopher Johns the alleged CEO.

• Steve says:

The name John should be James in entry

• Paul says:

or kevin maybe

• Steve says:

I left an entry on here at 9.05am this morning. Just wondering why hasn’t it been posted?

• Paul says:

Shortly there will pics and life stories available to all that have been tarnishing the names and setting up Rhys and Phil for their acts, including the names of the director of ESL and family members names, shames and pictures. Hang tight. Apparently one has done time!!!

• Peter says:

Both your previous comments are up, Steve. I don’t know why you can’t find them.

• Peter says:

I don’t know who runs JBC/ESL/CFS or whatever they are calling themselves now. Whoever they are, they are scum of the lowest order.

The most reliable information seems to be that Rhys and Phil are responsible. It is right that they should be named and shamed as long as they continue.

But whoever it is, don’t buy it this dud product, don’t fall for the lies.

And Paul, threats are not welcome. Your comments will be moderated from now on.

• jon says:

I’m not going to believe anyone thats says they are making alot money out of it! But if some can show evidence that it does help and money has been made I’d like to see it due to the price of the program its a big gamble. I didn’t purchase due to the fact it sounded to good to be true.

I can’t purchase the program now anyway but it is interesting in but I still like to know what these people were offering and if I was close to being scamed?

• Dave C says:

@ESLScam – I can’t comment on that, never heard anything about it.I would certainly be surprised if Rhys was running another scam, because I don’t know where he would find the time…he seemed to spend most of the time down the pub or *************** (snipped) .He is certainly heartless enough to do something like that though. He has no empathy at all, and I suspect is a psychopath/sociopath.

• jon says:

“Paul” looking at this site I think these is more than one family out there that has a problem with these people…? I don’t think Peter would have put this up otherwise! It just seems that Rhys and Phil names come up too often to be a coincidence.

• jon says:

How many years has this program been sold for?

• jon says:

I hope one day he’s a receiver in prison! And his mates aswell looks likes he ruined many lives.

• Nigel says:

PETER,YOU’RE HAD ALOT FUN, NOW THERE ARE DFIMSTIONS SCTS SURE TO FOLLOE 30K-100+ LAW D-SUIT COMIMG YOUR WAY, FOR WHAT ITDS IT’S WOTRTH TO YOUT OFSMILY, SNF BUINES, LET IT GO,REST EASY, YAKE OUR ADVICE ADVIVE AND ENJOY YOUR CO,PIYT SHOP WND FAMILY EHILDY YOU EHAY YOU CANNW THAT YOU DOWN.

THEE POSTS DON’T AFECT OUT DAILE BUDINRDD AT AL.U ARE R JUST UPESTTING SOME NOT VERY NIVE PROPRLR, AND IT’S NOT RHYS N PJIL, THATS INO THUNJ FOR FUO BUT THT ARE ASKED TO,LOOL YJID ESY.

AS APPEASED TO TH RCOMMRMTION O RHYS BANGIMG HOOKS,ABsOLUTETLY ORTRT, OF OURDR WE CANCLEAR ALL THID UONRCTBERRJHRNN ER WRE IN ASOIUYJ ADUTRLIS.

• eslscam says:

I see Nigel would be a great user of the program. English certainly must be his second or third language

• Alex says:

Methinks NIGEL = Rhys = Psycho Dickwad

• Tony B says:

I was nearly caught by this scam. I got the phone calls, brochure, phone calls, more phone calls. It all sounded very convincing, till I started to do some research. So Nigel, Rhys or whoever, I don’t believe this –
    THEE POSTS DON’T AFECT OUT DAILE BUDINRDD AT AL.

I hope they do affect your daily business, because you are a thief and so is everyone else who works for JBC ,CFS or ESL or OP Solutions or whatever other fancy names you dream up in the hopes of ripping people off. There is such a thing as karma, and you and your buddy slimes have a massive pile heading your way.

Anyone who has had a phone call from these lying bastards, do not believe a word they say. There are no systems for playing the stock market, any more than there are systems for playing the ponies. Any money you put onto JBC, CFS or ESL, you will lose.

• John says:

Lol at Nigels rant. It seems he became completely insane by the last paragraph. Is that even a language? wtf is UONRCTBERRJHRNN ?

DAILE BUDINRDD (Daily Buggering?)

• jon says:

“Nigel” rant sounds like they are threatening defamation well that would be good because they would have to come forward and show their faces and prove they are not involved. And it also sounds likes like they are having a laugh at the money there making.

I think this site is just a minor inconvenience for them!

• Jodie Thompson says:

I have been conned by CFS in australia. I Paid $8900 in November of 2010 for stock market charting software with all the promises in the world. On top of the $8900 for the software and technical support I also had to pay $350 for access to daily stock prices to download into the program. We played around with it for a few months without much success, then it got put on the backburner as work increased. On the 2 July 2012 I went to start using the software again and found that the website that is used to download the daily stockprices no longer exists, which basically renders the software useless, which by the sounds, it already was. I rang CFS in Sydney Australia and got a recorded message to email [email protected], which I have done with absolutely no reply, and obviously no real hope of getting one either. I would like to add my name and story to any sort of education for the general public not to get involved with these scam artists. Savings are hard enough to come by without unscrupulous people trying to take them from you. I was burnt badly and would like to see them out of business and hopefully paying back the money they have stolen from people.
    Regards
    Jodie Thompson

• ted says:

• David says:

It seems they all drink down at fiddlers in surfers paradise wuth some lot of horse racing software sales jokers! They are talking about all the bonus they make! ugly bunch they are too, lead by some pommy english twat!

• Rhys says:

Couple of brothers I understand. One with Rhys and Phil and one providing the software to them. Must be a payback to the Pickerings somehow in the system.

I understand Immigration are looking at the Pommie brothers status and also looking at the Sth African/UK Passport holder wife of Rhys.

Now who knows Phil from the round ball club in Robina?

Been a while since we had a Rhys/Phil clone post something Peter are you making them feel not at home?

• Wizard says:

Wow another Rhys!

• Peter says:

I haven’t blocked comments from them. They have been trying other tactics to shut us up – threats, abusive phone calls, offensive web posts, etc. Sad, really.

• Tony B says:

They are nasty minded a&$#holes. I have a friend who worked there. and left when she realised what it was about. Take care.

• jon says:

I was informed by an old blogger on this site( I will not release the bloger’s name) that Rhys Adam is a New Zealander and apparently he has convictions in his home country for fraud. Mind you this is apparently so this should not be marked against his name until proven. If anyone his any information on this or who to obtain this information legally please post it up.

• Dave says:

I Can confirm that Rhys is a New Zealander.

• ESLscammer says:

As far as legally getting any records for Rhys, you would need to know some one inside the Police force there, but I don’t think that is legal, unless he was going for a job and an employer requested them with his consent. But if he is involved in this scam then it wouldn’t surprise me in the least!

Rhys tell us more about the the Pickering comeback? Is that a play on words? And name and shame the ‘Pommie brothers’ can we get pictures and names of these guys too, we are getting closer now….

• Wizard says:

Wow really two Rhyses!

• Ann G says:

I was conned by CFS also in August 2010. My story is practically the same as Jodie Thompson. I had another call about a month ago from another company selling the same sort of program, I didn’t get details I just hung up on them. I hope they get what they deserve.

• Rhys says:

Gee Wizard you are very clever. Perhaps there are more than 2 Rhys persons in the whole world – thought of that? No? Well good luck with your next sale to another sucker. And just to help you out there are probably more than one Phil in the world but only one Phil Travers who scams through ESL and other bogus deals.

Peter get the Police to trace the phone calls and lay a complaint.

• Hi I won the right to get my money back off CFS but the address in Austalia Square is false! So the sheriff wants me to pay more money to try another address! Does anyone kmnow where the sheriff can find these people???? How come they seem to get away with this? Julie Boyce

• Alex says:

Hi Julie, you could try OP Solutions, Lvl 1/ 3163 Surfers Paradise Blv,
    Surfers Paradise, which seem to be the new location for CFS and ESL. They’ll probably deny having anything to do with it. You will have a hard time pinning them down. Good luck.

• jon says:

Level 1/3163 are the sales people and or customer services and the telemarketers are on Level 2/3163 I went up there the other day pretending I was lost and poked my head around.

• jon says:

Had to have a look while I was down can’t believe that its right in the middle of Surfers Paradise! There’s a company thats soughts out foreign students accommodation on the 2nd floor aswell don’t know if that own by them or not. Right next to the ANZ on Surfers Paradise Blv. 1st floor couldn’t see much apart from people walking around with head pieces.

• Matt dew says:

Well I guess I am one of the suckers.
    Brought the CFS trading system 18 months ago and have tried to battle on with it and failed to show any profits.
    The lack of support and and time commitment ( a lot more than the 25mins per day I was sold on), left me feeling very disapointed.
    So i decided to give a rest, today i tried again to get the system up and running, only to find i am locked out of the software & require a code.
    Have called CFS five or so times. No answer.
    So tried to locate them online.No website that i can find so far. My search led me to this blog and my fears confirmed. Is CFS still out there somewhere ? Is there an ombudsman I can contact ?
    Whats the next move?

• jon says:

If you live in the Gold Coast “Matt” or know someone you might aswell go there. The address is posted above. I don’t think its against the law to go to the place of purchase to at least speak to someone about the product. If it’s so legit as they make it out to be I sure they will be able to help you! (like hell they will). Sorry to hear you got scammed.

• jon says:

This cracks me up believe this is Phil Travers just having a look around http://philliptravers.wordpress.com/

• I think it is great that Peter keeps this post going as it is allerting people to what is our there and why everyone needs to be careful about Financial Guru’s promising riches with little or no effort. Follow the link below to another dubious organisation that ASIC is taking action on.

Update on any contact from sucessful user of ESL or any other trading “System” that works. Not one, only ones that have lost.

Again if anyone can prove to me that these systems work please contact me.

Dale Gillham

• Peter says:

I have been asked to remove a comment purporting to be from Paul Ryall. Although I am usually reluctant to remove comments I have done so in this case. There is a real Paul Ryall, and he is known to Rhys and Phil. I have been told the comment did not come from Paul, and may be an attempt to implicate or cause trouble for him. The poster, or the real Paul, is welcome to contact me to clarify.

• jon says:

Its seems Phil is quite an entrepreneur so why does he need to hide behind dummy directors. I like to see his fortunes and how it was made!

• As a professional trader, I tend to not get approached by dubious companies promising riches, however I was contacted out of the blue recently by a company called Avantech Trading, which I researched and talked about in my own blog. I was going to post about it here, however I hope you do not mind Peter but it is much easier if I put a link to the post I have already done.

Further to my surprise I have only been approached yesterday with yet another one called get rich quick trading scheme called homeprofitnow.net which I have yet to investigate, however from the email it looks as doggy as you can get (I may be wrong here but I very much doubt it). Maybe I am now on some sort of database for dubious marketers with get rich quick schemes trying ot get thier next sucker. Once I investigate I will post again so everyone is aware of what to look out for with these companies.

A good website to visit and complain about approaches by these companies and or being scammed by them is;

This is an Australian government website full of great information and support services.

Regards
    Dale Gillham

• 1 4 ALL says:

Well after reading these most recent posts I am INFURIATED that this SCAM is still going on!

I have not had a chance to read all your stories but I can confirm that ALL your fears are WARRANTED.

I know because I too used to work there, thankfully waking up to the SCAM, having a conscience and leaving earlier this year.

I actually was so enthusiastic about the job and the potential of the program. I thought it would provide me with financial freedom also.

Would you believe that the staff, including myself NEVER EVER saw the Program.

Upon making several requests to see the program, the response from the manager was….

” No you can’t see the program. Because the program sells on simplicity. If you see it, them you will only complicate your “SPEIL”.

That’s right Folks! You were all delivered a very polished 25-40min SPEIL, culminating in …..

“So any Questions? No? Well the cost of the program is $9200 would you like to put that on MasterCard or Visa?”.

As staff, we also were not allowed to purchase the program.
    REASON? It was deemed as a conflict of interest or insider trading or some BS excuse.

The fact is if any of US dropped $9200 on a program that promised 30%pa and received NOTHING then the S#*T would hit the fan.

This is when alarm bells started to ring for me.

Unfortunately, the rest of the long standing staff there are driven by pure greed and just plead ignorance.

Full well knowing that they are RIPPING YOU OFF!!!

These are the facts:

1. Phil Travers & Rhys Adam are indeed the partners behind this Bogus Operation.
    2. Previous Company names are JBC, CFS,ESL & OP Solutions. When they cop serious heat. They shut down the old product and rebadge it as something new. Simple!
    Those whom have tried to contact customer support will have experienced this.
    3. The address of ” Farrar Place Sydney” is indeed BOGUS. It is a VIRTUAL OFFICE ONLY. Secretary at reception that oversees several small offices for lease. There is No official signage. No staff at all.
    We falsely stated that we were actually based and calling from that address. Definitely not the case!

There are actually two (2) offices but both are based in QLD. Surfers Paradise & Springwood.

4) Whenever we had a customer that wanted to SEE the product (i.e Come in for a demo) We would invite them to come in. However they were asked to come in immediately or within the next hour as the “Senior Analysts” were flat out and would be returning to the “TRADING FLOOR”.
    If they they were not able to do this then an ONLINE DEMO could be arranged.

5. The sites : stockexchangecommission.com , esharesmagazine and other reviews etc are 100% FAKE WEBSITES and Reviews. We were trained not to make a big deal of the reviews. Rather use them as a throw away. “Yes! We’ve had some encouraging reviews but….”. Play it right down.
    The idea is that you would then do your due diligence. Be suitably impressed by the product appearing in the “FAST 5” alongside, ING, ANZ etc, feel rest assured and then hand over your CCD for $9200.

A Marketing Sales technique that is very effective and legal.

That is IF, the Websites & Reviews are Legit!

Simply put! ….THEY ARE NOT!!!

6) To create urgency you were no doubt fed a varied form of this…

“So we will only ever release a total of 400 programs. We released 100 in ,(years will vary) 09’10’11 & the final 100 over these past few weeks”.

Another technique that proved extremely successful.

I say successful because this well crafted SPEIL and the expertise of the staff there saw them making $1000 per sale.

Earning between $9k to $42k per month.

All from a BOGUS PROGRAM that YOU paid for.

7) Oh! Your “Money back Guarentee? Another blatant lie!
    Never going to happen! It was not worth the paper you received it on. Again! Those that have tried to obtain one know what I am talking about.

I do sincerely hope that you are able to obtain a refund from your merchant though.

So what now? What are you all prepared to do?
    I find it outstanding to hear that ASIC will not act appropriately. What other measures have been taken to expose these FRAUSTERS?

I can only think that “A Current Affair , Today Tonight etc be contacted as well as the Police and informed of the whereabouts of these BOGUS OPERATIONS!!!

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!!

• Dave C says:

This is exactly the same setup as CFS in the UK had.

Don’t forget they will also charge customers for the data feed which updates the programme – they will usually get the customer to pay for a years supply when they sign up. What the customers don’t realise is you can get this data elsewhere for FREE.

They will also assign someone posing as a qualified ‘analyst’ to get you set up and ease your mind when you call in to say that the programme isn’t working. In reality they are just another conman in a suit, who has done a bit of research on the stock market and can roll with the jargon.

The company also keeps any ‘deposits’ people have given to secure a license.

I don’t think they will be caught, they cover their tracks too well. The only way to catch them would be for a cop to go undercover, pose as a salesman (it’s not hard) and work for the company so they can see what they do.

• Paul Ryall says:

ESL international limited and API limited. Paper work Phillip Travers and RA

• Neutral says:

Seeing how easy it is to post on here, surely competitors could be quoting bogus claims? …too confusing to know the truth…
    Major reviews on what seem like reputable website, or reading comments on a forum? Hmmm

• Paul Ryall says:

Seems to be a reptuable website Neutral. Dates when the company was established are false, the awards they have won do not exist. Welcome to the future were there are blog sites as well as scammers who would steal from a dying grandmother so they could have a cinema instead of a tv.

• Paul Ryall says:

It seems that there was a period off a week in which their was no ESL director. I wonder if they were trading during that time.