Yowch!

Now that is a lesson I should have learned long ago; don’t run for long distances in wet bathers. Some bits of me are feeling sharply uncomfortable. It was a nice run though. From Min Oil Beach, run, paddle, climb, jump, around to Redbanks. This is a photo I took a few years ago. Kathy …

Continue reading

Just Stop It

A few grammatical points. 1. Comprise means ‘is made up of.’ Comprise should not be followed by ‘of.’ Comprise includes the ‘of.’ This is a frequent error in real estate agents’ descriptions of their properties. ‘This house comprises of four bedrooms, three bathrooms … ‘ No it doesn’t. It comprises four bedrooms, three bathrooms, etc. …

Continue reading

Customers

95% of my customers are great – patient, considerate, etc. And then there’s the other 5%. Just two examples. It is time to close. I have swept the floor, closed all the photo processing equipment down, and am tallying up the till. A woman comes in. ‘I need some photos done,’ she says. ‘Sorry, we close …

Continue reading